Shonda M. Craft, an associate dean for the College of Community Studies and Public Affairs at Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, has accepted the position of interim dean for the School of Health and Human Services at St. Cloud State University and will start June 12. She will serve through June 30, 2018.
The Lima, Ohio, native has more than ten years of higher education experience. She has served as acting and associate dean for the College of Health, Community and Professional Studies and in various leadership roles at Metropolitan State including President’s Cabinet, Extended Management Team, Academic and Student Affairs Council and Strategic Planning Advisory Council, among others.
“I have worked with faculty and staff within the School of Health and Human Services (at St. Cloud State) in the past, and I have always been impressed with their dedication to students and to their disciplines,” Craft said. “St. Cloud State has a stellar reputation, both regionally and nationally, and I am honored to have the opportunity to continue to advance the mission of the School of Health and Human Services and to serve in leadership to the broader University community.”
Craft obtained her bachelor’s degree in psychology and a Master’s of Science degree and Ph.D. in human development and family science from The Ohio State University.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to continue to advance the mission of the School of Health and Human Services and to serve in leadership to the broader University community,” Craft added.
Craft succeeds Monica Devers who served as dean from 2013-2017 and interim dean from 2011-2013.
A national search for the Dean of the School of Health and Human Services will be conducted this fall.
Craft’s licenses and certifications
- Aug. 2013 – present: Approved Supervisor – American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- June 2013 – present: Board-approved MFT Supervisor – Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- May 2009 – present: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) – Minnesota License #2000
- Aug. 2006: HIV Prevention Education certification, The Ohio State University
- Oct. 2000: HIV Testing and Counseling certification, The Ohio State University
- March 1998: Sexual Violence Education certification, Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio