Dear Husky Community:
We continue to monitor daily the information related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) from the Minnesota Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control. The University has been preparing and making decisions related to Coronavirus for the past month. We are aware of the need for planning on a larger scale and have initiated that process.
For the latest updates and facts on the Coronavirus, please visit the Centers for Disease Control website.
We encourage everyone to continue to take the standard, recommended precautions to prevent the spread of viral illness, which are recommended to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Frequently clean touch surfaces, including cell phones, laptops, and keyboards;
- Avoid sharing food utensils, containers, and other personal items;
- Cover your cough;
- Come to the Health Clinic if you have a fever of more than 100.4 F; and
- Consider getting a flu vaccine (is not too late).
Finally, some of our students have family and friends in countries that have been significantly impacted by the coronavirus. Our students from China, South Korea, and Iran in particular as well as other countries. We extend our compassion and concern for their situations and the impact this may be having on their families and communities back home. Huskies, thank you reaching out and supporting these students.
Robbyn R. Wacker
St. Cloud State University