Less than two years after recording its 1 millionth download, The Repository @ St. Cloud State has seen its 2 millionth download.
Established in August 2011, the Repository recorded its 1 millionth download in June 2020. It crossed the 2 million mark just shy of two years later in May 2022.
The Repository provides open access to a diverse collection of academic, scholarly, scientific, and creative content produced by faculty, students, and staff at the University. These scholarly materials have been downloaded by scholars across the world.
The Repository collects, organizes, distributes, and preserves the scholarly and cultural record to promote:
- interdisciplinary research
- maximize research impact
- support local, regional and global development and interests.
It houses two University journals, Linguistic Portfolios and the Journal of Student Scholarship. Linguistic Portfolios was launched in 2013 to showcase the best of St. Cloud State student research in the core areas of linguistics. It includes 128 works and has seen more than 131,000 downloads. The Journal of Student Scholarship launched in 2020 to showcase undergraduate and graduate student work of St. Cloud State students. It has published 12 works and has been seen 1,200 downloads since its launch.
The Repository also houses proceedings and abstracts from the Huskies Showcase and projects submitted by Showcase participants.
This record is selected and curated by the colleges, schools and departments of the University in coordination with the University Library. The Repository contains 6,997 papers including:
- 1,460 biographical summaries of Stearns County residents interviewed by the WPA in the mid-1930s
- 1,268 issues of the University Chronicle, the University Archives staff is in the process of adding all issues of the Chronicle
- 138 letters written by Nobel prize winning author Sinclair Lewis to family and friends
- 10 year anniversary book on Miller Center
- A booklet Celebrating 25 years of Women’s Athletics
The top download is an ETD starred paper “Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan for Information Security” by author and Information Assurance alumna Vyshnavi Jorrigala ’17 that has been downloaded 48,435 times since 2018.