Get to Know: Quincy Henderson, Huskies Men’s Basketball Head Coach
Welcome Coach Henderson to SCSU’s Men’s Basketball program! Ready to jump on the court with some winning plays, Coach Henderson not only brings experience to the floor, he is already invested in our Husky community and is ready to take the program to the next level. “Our program has been good for a very long period of time. They’ve won at a high level and this is a winning program,” Henderson said. “I want to make the program great, I want to make it go, I want to compete consistently in the North Division of the NSIC and I want to compete in the conference tournament. Then, I want to compete in the region. Those are areas we are focused on right now.”
Some stats on Coach Henderson:
- Wisconsin native
- Early career at Division I Creighton, later transferring to Division II Winona State where he led the Warriors to two National Championships.
- Played professionally for the Southwest Australian Basketball league.
- Coached two of the historically best seasons at Division III Illinois Wesleyan.
- Ushered the West Texas A&M Buffaloes to three conference titles, five conference tournament titles and six NCAA Tournament appearances as Associate Head Coach
Get to Know: Brian Idalski, Huskies Women’s Hockey Head Coach
Back for an exciting new chapter, Coach Idalski has returned to St. Cloud State to lead the Women’s Hockey program into the future. Coach Idalski’s professional career has broadened his experience in the Midwest and internationally as he strives to be an impactful leader for the team and the community. “You don’t do this job unless you enjoy mentoring people, working with people and helping them achieve their goals,” Idalski said. “My expectations are to win. They always have been, and you have to expect that before you can do it.” We look forward to an action packed season ahead. Go Huskies!
Some stats on Coach Idalski:
- Michigan native
- Played collegiately at UW-Stevens Point.
- Played professionally in the United Hockey League and the Central Hockey League.
- Coached at UW-Stevens Point.
- Assistant Coach of the SCSU Women’s Hockey Program
- Head coach of women’s hockey at University of North Dakota
- Head coach of the KRS Vake Rays in Russia’s Women’s Hockey League.
- Coached China’s Women’s Olympic team during the 2022 Beijing Olympics.