A woman tie dying a T-shirt
This year’s Homecoming events featured virtual events for alumni and friends to engage in and on-campus engagement for students living and studying on campus.
The pre-festivities began Oct. 12 with sidewalk chalking and the start of the Huskies Hunt, a scavenger hunt where students searched for Huskies around campus and turned in their findings for a chance to enter the prize drawing.
The main event began ct. 14 with the on-campus event kickoff with Tye-Die T-Shirts. Additional on-campus events for students included Blizzard Bingo, Blizzardshack Mini-Golf and Movie Nights featuring “Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse.” The annual Homecoming 5K drew participants virtually who ran independently and submitted their times online. Participants received a T-shirt, gaiter and race bib in the mail.
A Homecoming 2020 Food Drive saw donations of more than 133 pounds of food for the Huskies Food Pantry.
Alumni virtual events started Oct. 15 with the 2020 Donor Appreciation Virtual Gala. Donors were invited to mix themselves the Homecoming 2020 signature cocktail “It’s Thyme, Huskies” as they tuned into the gala.
The rest of the weekend included several signature alumni events such as:
- Reunions for Hmong Student Organization and Council of African American Students
- The 2020 Institutional Investment Outlook
- A President’s Town Hall for International Alumni
- The 2019-20 SCSU Alumni Association Awards Recognition
- The dedication of the Grant ’63 and Carol Nelson Strength and Conditioning Center
- The Alumni Art Exhibit