Beginning in fall 2024, the North Star Promise Scholarship program will provide eligible Minnesota residents a tuition-free path to achieve their higher education goals at eligible institutions, including St. Cloud State University. The North Star Promise Scholarship program covers the balance of tuition and fees remaining after other scholarships, grants and tuition waivers have been applied.
What are eligibility requirements?
- Be a Minnesota resident.
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application below $80,000.
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution or Tribal College.
- Not in default on a state or federal student loan.
- Be enrolled taking at least one credit.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
- Have not already earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
How to apply
Simply complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application. There are no other steps for you to take. Minneapolis College will automatically review your information and make awards to eligible students.
The Minnesota State Promise is to provide an extraordinary education that is affordable, accessible, enhances quality of life, and ensures prosperous communities.
View all of the scholarships available to SCSU students.